Generate Electricity at Home using Solar Panels and Wind Turbines as a Unit.
In this post i will explain how you can Generate Electricity at home using combined unit of Solar panels and Residential Wind Turbines. As discussed in earlier posts, we need to have a Generating unit which can generate over 500 watts of Electricity to fulfill over 50% – 60% of our daily Electricity requirements. This can be achieve easily if we utilize the combined power of Solar and Wind energy using solar panels and wind turbines at our home.
Before moving on with learning how to install both these power as one unit, i advice you to read my previous posts on Solar panels and Wind turbines mentioned below. However if you already know how to produce Electricity from Solar panels and Wind turbines then you can skip it.
Now from here i assume you have a basic knowledge of Solar panels and Wind turbines and realize them as the most relevant ways to make Electricity at Home.
* I will try not to mention the Engineering behind Electricity generation from solar panels and wind turbines. I always Aim to make my posts extremely easy to be followed by people without Electrical Engineering degree If you want a detailed explanation of the Engineering behind Energy Generation, send me a mail and i will be extremely happy to explain it to you.
Now back to the Topic -
How to Generate Electricity at Home using Solar Panels and Wind turbines as one Unit.
Combining Solar Panels and Wind Turbines to Generate over 500 Watts of Electricity is EASY.
We already know the Individual ways to Generate Electricity at Home using Solar Panels and Wind turbines. We now just need to combine their individually generated Electricity, Synchronize them, use a common Inverter, add few Controlling units in the system and Voila. There you have it, your new Electricity Producing Unit at Home using Solar Panels and Wind Turbines combined.
Simple and Easy isn’t it??….. I guess i made it too simple. Actually it really is that simple. Here’s another Explanation:
A + B = (A+B) = C which means Solar + Wind = Combined (Solar+Wind) Electricity
The Combining factor ‘ + ‘ in reality are few Electronic chips collectively called as Controlling unit. This Controlling unit are pre-made a.k.a Manufactured and are available at your local Electronics shops. You will definitely need some help (tutorial) in installing this controlling unit. To make it easy for you, i already found a good guide showing the exact.
But whats the Need to Generate Electricity at Home using this combined method?
1. Solar and Wind when used together to generate electricity at home compensates each other for their respective Limitations. Even if one Energy Source is not producing electricity, the other will. Thus this will make our Generating Unit more Reliable and Robust.
2. More Electricity and More power is generated. Having a limited budget, this combined Unit approach proves to provide a higher production of Electricity.
3. Addition of solar panels and wind turbines to generate more electricity at home becomes really easy if we use this method.
Requirements by this Method to Generate Electricity at Home:
1. Solar Panel/ Panels to harness the Solar Energy. The Number of Solar Panels should be selected depending on your budget for Solar Panels. Be sure to check some of my recommended Solar panels which you can buy.
2. Residential Wind Turbine/ Turbines to harness the Wind Power. Again, the number of wind turbines will depend on your budget. I recommend you to check my site for the most suitable Wind turbines you can buy.
3. Installation Guide. You will definitely require a guide showing how to install the Solar Panels and Residential Wind turbines individually and also as a Combined unit as discussed in this post. There are many guides in the market but i recommend to use Earth4Energy guide. This Guide has good tutorials both manual (pdf) and video tutorials which are best when learning how to install the Generating unit for the first time. I definitely recommend this guide as tutorial.
** Do not believe their claim of Generating over 70% of Electricity at home in just $200. 98% of your Money will be utilized for buying Solar Panels and Wind Turbines from a Manufacturer. Thus your cost will definitely be over $700. But if you wish to build your own Solar Panels and Wind Turbines, then your cost will be lowered within $400. Hence i Recommend you to refer this guide for Tutorials. You can also give their $200 method a try if you have time. Their Guide is definitely good and worth referring.
3. Controlling Unit. This unit is required for combining the electricity generated by Solar panels and Wind turbines, inverting from DC to AC and for other safety stuffs.
4. Local Electrician. You can contact a Electrician for installing the above mentioned controlling unit. The installation guide will definitely help you but i recommend you do contact you local electrician to verify the connections you made.
That’s it! You will have a Generating unit ready to Generate Electricity at your Home having capacity of over 500 Watts.
Remember to check our site for Recommended Solar Panels, Residential Wind Turbines and the Installation Guide.